If there’s one thing you know about owning your own home it is that energy bills are excessively high. With most homes running on electric power, finding a way to reduce your usage, and therefore your bill, is always a challenge.
Thankfully, there are a few things you can do to help you through using green lighting. No, I’m not talking about the color, but the energy efficient “going green” capabilities that are available today.
Green Lighting Tips That Will Help You Cut Your Energy Bill
* One of the first things you can do start changing your light bulbs to the more energy efficient LED’s and CFL’s. These have longer life spans and consume less power.
While the price is a bit higher for these type of bulbs, the savings will come through reduction in your energy bill and the fact you don’t have to buy them so often. This is especially important if you have canned spotlights. They take an amazing amount of energy to run.
* Another thing you can do is make sure you are utilizing as much natural light as possible in your home. It’s easy to walk down the hall and turn on the light out of habit. But looking for homes with plenty of windows means the lights don’t have to come on until the evening or early in the morning.
* Setting your lights on a timer may also be a great option too. Especially if you are traveling or not at home in the evenings. Not only is it great for safety sake, but having the lights turn off automatically means you’re not wasting energy if you’re not in the room.
* In commercial lighting choices, there are motion detectors available that can be set to turn off the lighting if there’s no movement in the room. These can help reduce your bill too. The option may be something to look into and use in a larger home.
* It is also time to change out the older technology electric path lights and motion activated spotlights for LED solar lighting. Using the energy of the sun is going to reduce your bill and they last quite a while too. Some lights and solar battery cells are good for up to 5 years. Make sure to keep your solar panels clean for the best performance.
These are just a few options that you can look into that would be perfect for your house to help reduce your energy bill. Green lighting options are changing quickly so why not start utilizing some of them in your home?
We can help with one step for lowering your energy bills with our LED motion activated solar spotlight. Get one today at this special price!