People are finally realizing the advantages of solar power and are incorporating this energy source into their homes and businesses. From solar panels that provide energy to your home to small solar panels that run your landscape lighting, it’s getting easier and easier to use solar for many of your needs.
But as with anything there are some pros and cons to using solar for your lighting needs. Let’s take a look.
Pros and Cons of Solar Lighting
* One of the first pro’s is definitely going to be low maintenance. Solar lighting is made to be placed and then it works on its own. A simple wipe down once a month to keep the panel clean is all the maintenance you need.
* No wires allow them to be placed anywhere there is direct sunlight. With wires they have to be placed certain amount of feet apart. But with individual units you can scatter them randomly.
* Low-cost means you can afford to place as many as you like. The higher-priced wired units are sometimes cost prohibitive.
* Long lasting battery power means that you can get an average of 3 to 5 years use out of your lights. Sometimes even more.
* Easy to install by just loosening the dirt and placing them where you want them to be. Or if you have solar motion lights, simply pull off the backing and stick it anywhere you would like light to shine.
* Low light or lack of light means the battery will not charge fully. Since the sun is an important part of the charge, sunny days are a solar lights friend.
* With low light or no light charging the unit you could have a very dim light for the next evening. Or even no light at all shining, depending on how long it has been since it received a charge.
* Placement can also be an issue if you need light in a specific area that does not get a lot of sunlight. Plus trees and bushes could be an issue.
As far as pros and cons for the use of solar lighting, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Every situation is different but millions of people have found solar lights to be the answer in the beautifying of their yard and landscaping.
Make sure to grab your solar motion light to add to your yard in key spots. It is an affordable solution to alleviate broken toes or another damages in the dark!