Solar lighting is becoming a mainstream item to add to your landscaping project especially if you are in an area that receives a lot of sunlight each day. But there may be some things you need to know about solar lighting or have questions about before your final purchase and installation.
So I thought I’d put together a list of things you may want to know that can help you through the process of choosing and installing the correct solar lighting for your project.
Things You Need to Know About Solar Lighting
- Renewable light source that uses only the sunlight to work
- Eco friendly and green with little packaging and long term usage
- Will save you money over electric lighting
- Most lights are very durable and can take extreme temperature changes
- Super easy to install
- Face the solar panels south for the best sunlight and most energy collection
- Solar lights that use LED bulbs are the brightest, most efficient, and long lasting
- Offers the most versatility in terms of placement in the yard since you don’t have to worry about running electricity
- Require minimal maintenance
- Large choice of different types of lighting available from novelty lights and string lights to stake lights and motion sensor security lights
- Solar lights last a long time
- The batteries are replaceable and can last up to five years
- Most solar lights are waterproof. Make sure yours are sealed before purchase
- Look for solar lights with sturdy spikes for a long lasting use in-ground or heavy duty wiring if purchasing string lights
These tips will help you know just a bit more about solar lighting so you can make the right choice. There are so many different types and styles of solar lights that would work for any project. Take the time to do your research and find the best ones for your home or ranch.
When it comes to security lighting that will work anywhere the sun does, our compact motion activated light is the best choice. Simple to attach anywhere, it gives off a dim subtle light when not in use and it will activate when motion is detected within 10 feet. Grab several today!